Monday, August 01, 2011

Fishing in Gatlinburg, Tennessee

One of the great outdoor activities in Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is trout fishing. Whether you're a pro or just got your first pole, the City of Gatlinburg has several streams that are easily accessible and sure to have that fish you'll be talking about for years. Most days, you can fish inside the city limits or in the National Park. Purchase your license by stopping by our Gatlinburg Welcome Center, located on the right as you come into town on 441 South.

The City of Gatlinburg has its own trout farm and stocks the streams on Thursdays, so there is no fishing inside the Gatlinburg city limits on Thursdays. There are some rules and regulations and different license requirements that we've listed below so you'll know exactly what to expect in planning your fishing trip.

Licenses can be purchased by

•persons who possess a valid Tennessee Drivers License

•persons who have lived in Tennessee for 90 consecutive days with the intent of making Tennessee their home

•military personnel on active duty in Tennessee and their immediate family

•students enrolled in a Tennessee college or university for at least six months.

NOTE: Tennessee Residents with a Sportsman License (Type 40) or a Lifetime Sportsman License do not need any other license or permit.

•Ages 12 and under - NO license or permit required

•Military Personnel on leave carrying copy of leave orders. (A pass does not meet this requirement) - No license required.

•Age 13-15 years - Gatlinburg permit, One-day (type 99) or Three-Day (Type 96) PLUS Junior Hunt, Fish, and Trap License (Type 02).

•Age 16 to 64 years old - Gatlinburg Permit, One-day (Type 99) or Three-Day (Type 96) PLUS Annual Trout (Type 22) and ONE of the following: Annual Hunt and Fish Combination (Type 01), County of Residence (Type 20), and One-day Fishing (Type 21).

•Age 65 years or older - Permanent Senior Citizen Hunt/Fish/Trap (Type 166) or Annual Senior Citizen Permit (Type 167)

Non-Residents - (Out of Tennessee)

Ages 12 - NO license or permit required

Age 13 to 15 years old - Gatlinburg Permit, One-day (type 99) or Three-Day (Type 96), PLUS Non-resident Junior Hunt and Fish (Type 70) 

Age 16 and over- Non-resident Gatlinburg One-day (Type 97) ONLY OR a combination of the following: Gatlinburg One-day (Type 99) or Three-day (Type 97) PLUS one of these Non-resident licenses: Three Day All Fish (Type 78); Ten-day All Fish (Type 80); or Annual All Fish (Type 81)

Aunt Bug's cabin rentals offers creekside cabins & river-side chalets in Gatlinburg for trout fishermen and kids who love to fish!  If you need a river cabin rental, check out Aunt Bug's cabins or Acorn cabin rentals.

No comments: