Here are a few tips, secrets, & recommendations to those looking to come to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge in the Fall or Winter season.
- 1. You can enjoy one of the most amazing Winter Holiday & Christmas light displays in the U.S. by visiting Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. It's absolutely free.22nd Annual
Nov 7, 2011 thru Feb 28, 2012
Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg TN
- Did you know you can avoid 20 minutes to an hour by taking the Veteran's Boulevard which runs parallel to the Parkway & is an expressway to Dollywood? It runs from North End of Sevierville to the South end of Pigeon Forge, ending at Dollywood Lane near the Golf Course. Try it, if you hit heavy traffic on your way into town!
- We have the most visited National Park in North America. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is entirely free and offers you an amazing opportunity to hike, photograph, and experience wildlife, mountain views, & waterfalls throughout the area. Gatlinburg is the Gateway to the Smoky Mountain National Park. You can visit the Sugarland Visitor Center just beyond Gatlinburg to get suggestions and updates from Park Rangers that want you to have an enjoyable visit.
- Vacation homes are an increasing trend in lodging in the Smoky Mountains. These mountain chalets or log cabins are a treat for families, friends, or couples looking to thoroughly enjoy the mountains. Not only do they offer more amenities than more hotels, but they are relatively affordable. Cabin rentals in Gatlinburg and log cabins in Pigeon Forge are very popular.
5. March 26 - October 28, 2011, our "After 3:00 PM" program allows you to enter Dollywood after 3:00 PM and get in FREE to Dollywood the next operating day. Parking fees are not included. This program is valid on one-day Dollywood admission tickets March 26 through October 28, 2011. It is not valid during the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival at Dollywood.